- Thirteenth Annual Symposium:- Realising democratic gains through social cohesion in Africa, 20-21 November 2018
Twelfth Annual Symposium:- State capture as an obstacle to democratic consolidation in Africa, 28-29 November 2017
- EISA's 20th Anniversary Symposium:- Current democratic realities in Africa: Where are we headed beyond the vote? 20 to 21 October 2016
Programme: English · Français
- Tenth Annual Symposium:- Recent trends in constitutional reforms in Africa: How do constitutions help or hinder democracy?, 18-19 November 2015, Johannesburg, South Africa
Checks and balances: African constitutions and democracy in the 21st century, 2017 Grant Masterson & Melani Meirotti, EISA.
- First Annual Symposium: Challenges for Democratic Governance and Human Development in Africa, 8-10 November 2006, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Checks and balances: African constitutions and democracy in the 21st century, G Masterson and M Meirotti (eds), 2017.
- Consolidating Democracy - South Africa's Second Popular Election, Tom Lodge, 1999
Contents: Introduction; Consolidating democracy; the Electoral System; South African voters; Party preliminaries; Campaign trails; Provincial proceedings; Inputs and outcomes; God's kingdom on earth; Conclusion: democracy consolidated? Postscript: Taking office; Thabo Mbeki's first government.
Conferences & Roundtables
- Challenges of Election Management and Prospects for Reforms in Madagascar (English and French), Antananarivo, Madagascar, 22 May 2008.
- Cape Town, South Africa: Electoral Systems & Accountability: Options for Electoral Reforms in South Africa, 2007
- Botswana Electoral System Reform, 14-15 March 2006, Gaborone, Botswana
- Regional Initiatives for Electoral Reform in SADC: Strengthening Democratic Transformation through Identified Benchmarks in the Region, 2004
- Electoral System Reforms in SADC: In Search of Accountability, Representation and Political Stability, 2003
- Electoral Perspectives and the process of Democratisation in the DRC: Lessons from the SADC countries - Conclusions, 2002. Conference proceedings: English · Français
- The South African Electoral System Roundtable, 2002
- Electoral Systems Roundtable, Cape Town, 1998
Order free hard copy (excluding postage)
- Roundtable Proceedings on Designing Electoral Systems, 1996
Order free hard copy (excluding postage)
The Assembly of the Republic of Mozambique: From enemies to adversaries? [PDF]. Elisabete Azevedo, 2009.
- Political Integration and Democratisation in Southern Africa: Progress, Problems and Prospects, Khabele Matlosa & Kebapetse Lotshwao, 2010
- Consolidating Democratic Governance in the SADC Region: Transitions and Prospects for Consolidation, Khabele Matlosa, 2008
- Consolidating Democratic Governance in the SADC Region: Swaziland, Patricia Joubert, Zwelibanzi Masilela & Maxine Langwenya, 2008
- Consolidating Democratic Governance in Southern Africa: Namibia, Phanuel Kaapama, Lesley Blaauw, Bernie Zaaruka, Esau Kaakunga, 2007
- Consolidating Democratic Governance in Southern Africa: Malawi, Nandini Patel, Richard Tambulasi, Bright Molande & Andrew Mpesi, 2007
- Consolidating Democratic Governance in Southern Africa: Lesotho, Tumelo Tsikoane, Tefetso H. Mothibe, 'Mamoeketsi EN Ntho & David Maleleka, 2007
- Consolidating Democratic Governance in Southern Africa: Botswana, Zibani Maundeni with Dorothy Mpabanga, Adam Mfundisi & David Sebudubudu, 2007
- Multiparty Democracy in Mozambique: Strengths, Weaknesses and Challenges, Ed Adriano Nuvunga, 2005
- Multiparty Democracy and Elections in Namibia, Debbie LeBeau and Edith Dima, 2005
- South Africa's 2004 Election: The Quest for Democratic Consolidation, edited by Laurence Piper, 2004
- Democratic Consolidation in SADC: Botswana's 2004 Elections, David Sebudubudu and Bertha Z. Osei-Hwedie, 2005
- Elections and Democratisation in Malawi: An Uncertain Process, edited by Nixon S Khembo, 2005
- Negotiating the Impasse: Challenges and Prospects for Democratisation in Zimbabwe, Wole Olaleye, 2005
- Dilemmas of Political Transition: Towards Institutionalisation of Multiparty Democracy in Tanzania, Edited by Shumbana Karume, 2004
- Elections and Democracy in Zambia, Edited by Claude Kabemba, 2004
- Swaziland's Struggle with Political Liberalisation, ed Claude Kabemba, 2004
- From Military Rule to Multiparty Democracy: Political Reforms and Challenges in Lesotho, ed Claude Kabemba, 2004
- Electoral System Reform, Democracy and Stability in the SADC Region, Khabele Matlosa, 2003